If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Grace

I apparently don't have any. Back up. Last Thursday, I took a day alone to go shopping. That was not very successful, of course, because I was born without a fashion gene. So, I called a friend, Stephanie, who very graciously agreed to go with me on Saturday. We hit the mall at 10am, ready to shop, and spend. She had told me her favorite store was Buckle. Loves it. Never leaves there without something she had to have. Well, my shopping Karma being what it is, we, of course, left empty-handed. No worries, moving on. Express, Hollister, Dillards, JCPenny, all produced finds, some better than others. Lunch! Tokyo? Nope-closed for lunch on Saturday. Pei Wei it is.

So, with renewed strength, we headed over to Phelan, starting at Trendy. Found a very cute, go out with the hubby, top. Perfect! Go out to the car, open the driver's side door--into my forehead. HARD. So, I think, maybe she didn't see it. Ouch! I don't think I can get away without her knowing about this. Nope, she saw it. I'm thinking, wow, that really hurt, I bet I have a knot. Yep-and its busted open. Great. All I can think at this point is NO! I'm shopping today, and I'm not spending the rest of my Saturday in the emergency room. Stephanie, who is my own private RN and Paramedic (no, really, she is), says, you're going to have to get it fixed. It needs Dermabond. Let me repeat--I am NOT spending the rest of my day in the emergency room! So, we head over to Doctors Express on Dowlen to have them look at it. On the ride over, I call Dennis, who is at work, to tell him. He so lovingly referred to me as Frankenstein. Wonderful. By this time, all we can do is laugh. Do you have any idea how embarassing it was to walk in to the office, and have them ask what happened? Do I really have to answer? Um, it was a fight over the last pair of shoes in the shoe department. Yeah, that sounds good. Anyway, no glue, not deep enough. Just some gorgeous steri-strips on my 3cm laceration to the forehead. The knot and swelling finally started to recede after 72 hours. Hopefully the strips will come off sometime this weekend, but the important part was that in under an hour, we were back out shopping again, and headed to Gaudie & Co. We are NOT to be stopped. We had a great time, and hope to do it again very soon. Dennis kind of hopes we wait awhile so the checking account can recover first. We'll see-it wasn't that bad. Hope everyone enjoys their Easter weekend! Watch out for those car doors-they're dangerous! Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment